Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Super Soaker

Yours truly got caught in a flash flood today, without umbrella. I was quite disappointed because I even looked at my umbrella before leaving this morning, thinking to myself that I would be in the clear. Alas, I came back from work drenched. Now the cynic in you is probably conjuring the question, well why not take a cab? And my response is two-fold: first, don't ever question my motives, and second, all the friggin cabs were occupied.

And yet the true irony of the whole situation is that one of my favorite past-times is watching people who are caught in the rain sans umbrella. There are always 3 types of reaction when caught in the rain. One, run like hell. Two, walk as if nothing is really happening with your head lowered in shame. Three, find cover. Being the idiot I am, I decided on the second approach. Maybe next time I'll pay more attention to the "what goes around comes around" theory. Whatever.

The Super Soaker 50 was one of the best water guns ever manufactured.

Labels: , ,