Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fade Away

Okay, I know it's been awhile since my last posting, and I'm sorry. Is being sick last week and having the Macbook random shutdown problem a good enough excuse? Well, contrary to what you think they are legit excuses. But now I am happy to report that the self-proclaimed geniuses have (hopefully) fixed my computer.

I would also like to report with much happiness that I will be attending the final show at CBGB on October 15. Patti Smith is playing, but you can bet that other punk rock luminaries will be there; or at least the ones who are still alive!

I was talking to a good friend of mine about how it's time for that place to close down already. It has basically become a mockery of itself, selling to the Urban Outfitters crowd who desperately try and imitate a movement that no longer exists. Neil Young said it best, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Labels: ,