Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blender is the Shit

Before last month, I had been a subscriber to Rolling Stone for about 6 years. The last 3 years I was fed up with it, but figured why not? It's only $12 to renew 2 years. I finally realized that you couldn't get me to re-subscribe for free. Seeing another issue of 50 greatest albums/guitarists/songwriters/album art/etc was enough to drive me to a mental institute. That, and the maganzine is one big ad to keep Wenner Media afloat (and Us Weekly of course).
There is good news. During my subscription of discontent, I discovered and fell in love with Blender magazine. Whereas Rolling Stone constantly regurgitates classic rock for fogies, Blender offers a cool perspective on both the old and the new. Their articles are more interesting, and have a humorous element. For instance, this is an article countdown you must read. "50 Worst Things Ever to Happen to Music."

35. Van Halen fire David Lee Roth
34. Van Halen hire Sammy Hagar
33. Van Halen fire Sammy Hagar

32. Van Halen hire Gary Cherone