Sunday, April 23, 2006

Show Us the Way

Frampton is set to return with Fingerprint, an all-instrumental album, in September. Sorry dude, no matter how hard you try you will never escape the shadow of Frampton Comes Alive. With that, here is the obligatory Wayne's World quote: "Exqueese me? Have I seen this one before? "Frampton Comes Alive"? Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of "Tide". "Fingerprint" features an array of guests, including Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready and drummer Matt Cameron on an original song, "Blowing Smoke," as well as a cover of a well-known 1990s rock hit which Frampton declined to reveal. Other contributions were turned in by guitarist Warren Haynes and the Shadows' Hank Marvin and Brian Bennett. "If I couldn't have gotten the Shadows, I would have done a Shadows number myself, because they're the reason I'm standing here talking to you," Frampton says of the long-running U.K.-based instrumental rock outfit. (via Billboard)