Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Price is Wrong Bitch

The ever-aging Bob Barker is finally calling it quits. Sick mornings will never be the same again. In all honesty, I thought the show has been in syndication for years. Guess I was wrong. That show will do well in reruns though. No matter how he is remembered, in my mind it doesn't get any better than his cameo in Happy Gilmore.

The silver-haired daytime-TV icon is retiring in June, he told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"I will be 83 years old on December 12," he said, "and I've decided to retire while I'm still young."

He'll hang up his microphone after 35 years as the host of "The Price Is Right" and 50 years overall in television.

Though he has been considering retirement for "at least 10 years," Barker said he has so much fun doing the show that he hasn't been able to leave.


(via CNN)

Labels: , ,