Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Can't Wait

R.E.M. was forever popularized by their song's appearence in Black Sheep with David Spade and Chris Farley. I wonder if Michael Stipe purposely wrote a song knowing its inevitable misunderstanding, just to step aside and have a laugh at his audience? What do you think?

Well, whatever you think, that song ("It's the End of the World as We Know It") will be appearing on a new R.E.M. compilation on September 12. The set chronicles the band's stint on the indie label I.R.S. until 1987.

Tracklist for And I Feel Fine...The Best of the I.R.S. Years 1982-1987:

01 Begin the Begin
02 Radio Free Europe
03 Pretty Persuasion
04 Talk About the Passion
05 (Don't Go Back To) Rockville
06 Sitting Still
07 Gardening at Night
08 7 Chinese Bros.
09 So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
10 Driver 8
11 Can't Get There from Here
12 Finest Worksong
13 Feeling Gravity's Pull
14 I Believe
15 Life and How to Live It
16 Cuyahoga
17 The One I Love
18 Welcome to the Occupation
19 Fall on Me
20 Perfect Circle
21 It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

(via Pitchfork)