Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Fifth Beatle

I don't always agree when Hollywood makes biopics. My preference would be seeing a documentary film about the person. Ray is a great flick, but I would rather just watch old footage and have people comment on his life. I don't need to see someone's life dramatized; just give me all the facts.

So being a complete Beatles junkie, I am unsure how to react to news of a Brian Epstein biopic in the works.

Brian Epstein, the man who shepherded the Beatles to stardom, will be the subject of the upcoming feature film The Fifth Beatle. The screenplay was written by Vivek Tiwary -- a producer on the Tony Award-winning Broadway revival of A Raisin in the Sun that starred Sean "Diddy" Combs -- and it conveys the rock & roll manager's life through historical scenes, dream sequences and hallucinations.

(via Rolling Stone)