Thursday, November 17, 2005

Turn that Shit Down

There's a reason people wear headphones. They want a private listening experience. What I don't understand then, is the phenomenon of blasting your headphones so everyone around you can hear them. Even worse is when the music being blasted is shit.

On the commute each morning there's this middle-aged dude who now thinks he's cool because he just bought a Nano. I guess he also thinks he's cool for blasting the music at 8 AM. For the past week he's been blasting Chicago. Now I admit, I like Chicago, but I'm not about to advertise to everyone and their mother by playing "Saturday in the Park."

Then today on the way home, another middle-aged guy was blasting Gloria Estefan or some shit equally as bad. I should have just punched him in the gut and stolen his iPod. What an idiot.

Lesson to be learned: don't blast your music so loud so that I can't hear my own music over yours.