Thursday, December 01, 2005

Metal Show

So I was at the Sevendust/Mudvayne show last night and thought I'd report some of my favorite observations that tend to hold true at any metal show. For the record, I watched Bobaflex (who opened) and Sevendust (who were amazing). I hate Mudvayne.

In the pit:
1. The one really fat dude wearing a XXL t-shirt, just standing there.
2. Dude with dredlocks and a backpack.
3. Skinhead sans shirt, showing off his back tatoo through a thin film of sweat.
4. Guy protecting his girlfriend from all the above.
5. A missing sneaker.

General Attire:
1. Losers wearing t-shirt of band they're seeing.
2. Metallica shirts. It seemed every other person was wearing one.
3. If you don't have a metal shirt, just wear all black.
4. The beard. Soul patches and chin straps are allowed.

Feel free to add more of your favorite observations.