Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rolling Stone Accepts Kanye

While reading FAB this morning, I realized that she had the same reaction as me after opening the latest issue of Rolling Stone.*

This fabled rock magazine has never embraced rap music. When it has, it's always been in the ass-end of the magazine under some classified ad for a better sex life. In the most current issue, however, the reviewers give Kanye's album 5 stars. It just comes out of nowhere! I listened to it today and it wasn't all that. If anything, I give it 3 stars. For the benefit of doubt, I will listen some more.

*This thought couldn't happen immediately because I was too busy sifting through the thousand of ads that Rolling Stone must put in front of the Table of Contents page. Seriously, this paper has definitely gone downhill in the past 5 years. There's no content anymore, only bullshit ads.