Sunday, July 10, 2005

Aireoke



Aireoke might be the dumbest fad to hit the streets since slap bracelets. But of course leave it to the hipsters of Brooklyn to eat this shit up. The "air guitar champion" set up a monthly contest at Williamsburg's Trash Bar.

"I know the glory of dressing up and fanatically playing an invisible instrument in front of a crowd is not something that everyone immediately grasps. When I tell people I've spent more than two years as a competitive air guitarist, they often look at me bewildered, like a dog tilting its head at an unfamiliar command. Or they just laugh at me. Following a segment about a competition, Jack Cafferty, a CNN anchor, once scoffed: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Air guitar?"

I look at you as being a complete tool shed. Air guitar is fine. However, competing for an air guitar crown is just abusrd...

San Dimes High School football rules.